Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Prayer answered

At last I believe that everything is pretty much ready for an early morning departure. Friend Stuart will be shuttling us to the airport at 6 AM for our flight to Seattle where we board the Amsterdam for Alaska. The installation of new body-scan machines at the airport are currently causing a fair amount of back-up in the security lines.

I thought that my week was planned out for and easy Friday, just wrapping up any loose ends. However on Thursday all sorts of problems arose with unexpected tasks, equipment that broke down and a database would not cooperate. When I left the office Thursday evening I was sure that some major projects could not be completed until I return.

I awoke at 2 AM Friday with all of the “problems” fresh on my mind. During the week I had been enjoying the Indeed readings about prayer. The necessity, vision, priority, agenda and power of prayer. That coupled with the study on prayer with Teacher Tom made me ask myself why I was troubled when God was far greater than these problems and it is His work that is being delayed. So I got up, turned each situation over to the Lord, asking for guidance and for His will to be accomplished. I was able to get back to sleep and feel refreshed in the morning It was absolutely amazing how everything fell into place on Friday. At noon I was invited to lunch, hesitated a moment not certain if I could afford the time, but was able to walk out of the office in the evening with every project/situation completed. WOW what an answer to prayer!

This afternoon has been filled with packing and unpacking, deciding what is necessary and what can be left behind to keep from over filling my suitcase. With the likelihood of rain and cold weather, some bulky items are necessary. Usually these are one week cruises but this one is for two weeks so nearly double the items are needed. I am excited to be able to take this inside passage trip with Sue. Carol and I had been to Alaska before but had not seen this area. From everything I have heard, it is amazingly beautiful.

Have a blessed weekend!

Chuck

1 Comments:

At Wed Jul 28, 10:35:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Connie said...

I look forward to hearing about your trip! I am praying for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home