Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, August 29, 2010

If my people...



Several of you have asked about seeing more pictures, so I will accommodate your request with one special one of daughter Sue and I at dinner in the main dining room on the ship. I cannot praise the wait staff enough for their excellent service and attention to their guests. They were always a jump ahead of our wishes, always displaying a cheerful voice and a smile. They were outstanding and their jobs not easy!

It made me wonder how often I am grumbling or complaining about something rather just taking it in stride with a cheerful word and a smile on my face. Let me say that I feel convicted! It seems that I have had an inordinate amount of frustration with equipment, databases and situations that are extremely complex. It was good for me to be able to get away for a bit and re-think my own attitude and responses.

In the midst of it all, I have been excited about the things I continue to hear that God is doing in lives around the world. As we face some difficult times in our own country, I continue to pray for God's will to be accomplished in this country, recognizing that the situation could become even more painful for each of us...Just look back at history! I am often reminded of 2 Chronicles 7:14 and feel that I need to look in a mirror to see if I am helping the situation or a part of the problem:

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Have a blessed week!

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home