Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Listening

Thursday was one of those days when I was exhausted upon returning home. My day started at 4:00 AM at the office to running to a warehouse to pick up donated bread for the mission. A major database refused to cooperate during the day and after getting that going, printing equipment didn’t want to work. An electrical storm with heavy rain hit about the time I was going to head home, so I was very late walking home and promptly headed for bed.

In our study on prayer the topic for the week was Listening to God. At 2:00 AM I awoke with a very uneasy feeling and could not get back to sleep. Rather that continuing to toss and turn, I decided to get up and read for a while. Going to the kitchen I noticed a night light in the guest bathroom was out and assumed the bulb just needed replacing. On my way back down the hall I had a strong urge to replace the bulb then rather than later. I found that the GFI circuit breaker was tripped which also controlled the freezer in the garage. I suspected that lightening had caused the problem and sure enough. My telephone was out. Several small electrical items were burned out and there was a nice black smudge on one of the outlets. Often I do not open the garage freezer for several days so things could have spoiled quite quickly in the hot temperature. I was so thankful for the uneasy feeling that prompted me to check things out along with being thankful that the house did not receive a direct hit. Last year one of our neighbors homes was hit and they had to spend many weeks in rented quarters while the damage was repaired. I believe it is quit possible that God was “speaking” that night.

In our study today, teacher Tom directed our thoughts to Psalm 16:7-8:

“I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
in the night also my heart instructs me.
I set the Lord always before me.”

I thought the study directly fit what I experienced during the early hours Friday. Thank you Lord for your counsel and for your instruction even during the night as I awoke from a sound sleep. Might I always allow you to go before me, and might I have ears that hear, and might I be quick to respond!

Have a blessed week.

Love, Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home