Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Whenever trouble comes

As I was praying for friends and family members this morning I was reminded about the verses in James 1:2-4; "...whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything." I found that to be a good reminder for me today...and every day for that matter!

New great grand daughter Annika (born 10/5) is at the top of my prayer list. She is still struggling with having arrived about five weeks early and continues to need God's healing touch to put her on track for her developemnt. What a blessing are the tremendous medical advances that we enjoy, but we are reminded that it is God that knows the number of hairs on our head as well as how every cell is functioning in our bodies. These things are always a test of our faith and an opportunity for growth in our endurance and character.

Tomorrow I am making an early morning departure for Indiana and will enjoy having a friend from the office travel with me for a portion of the trip between here and West Virginia where his parents live. Having a passenger always makes the miles go much faster than just listening to various radio programs, even with all of the XM options available.

This morning I also read about trust in the Psalms. "Trust me in your times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory." (Psalms 50:15) I think that the Lord is telling me something, and I believe that I am starting to get the message...Just trust me! It sure is easy to grab hold of things, people or what we can see, forgetting where are rock-solid trust should be.

I appreciate you prayers and calls as I travel and trust that our paths will soon cross. It is always a great thrill to catch up with each of you by phone and especially in person.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home