Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Busy days

I always appreciate the reminders that I get from you friends when I have not recently added to the blog. These have been some exceptionally busy days, but I want to take a few minutes to add a few thoughts here to let you know that I am okay.

Saturday I had a call from friends wanting to know if I would like to do something crazy and take a day trip up to the mountains to see a waterfall that they had read about and pick up some apples at one of our favorite orchards. It was a fun trip, the falls were fantastic, and there was still quite a bit of color in the trees which we enjoyed. I am also now well stocked with apples for a few weeks and watching for good recipes to use them.

Sunday I enjoyed our class with teacher Tom as we continued our study in Ephesians. I visited another church for their service which is a short distance away. They are doing a tremendous job ministering to primarily the 20-40 age group. Recently I read "Discipleship is not about programs and events. It is about relationships". This is certainly a church of relationships and it shows by the transformation of lives and the growing number in attendance. I am always blessed and challenged when I visit the group.

Monday I had a full day at the office and in the evening helped set up machines for voting. Tuesday was some day at the polls. I began work at 6 AM and did not get home until 11 PM that evening. I was tired but pleased to see the heavy turn out. We actually ran later than we did for the presidential election two years ago.

This morning I was at the office at the usual 4 AM to pick up donated bread items for the mission which are well received with the large group of candidates that are on campus in training for three weeks. As the day is winding down, I am thinking about how nice it will be to roll into bed this evening and catch up on some sleep.

It is always a joy to hear from each of you. Thanks for your continued contacts and expressions of love.

Have a wonderful evening!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home