Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Shalom

As Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching, I will be leaving early tomorrow for the lake house in Indiana for an early celebration with my family. Hopefully we will avoid the heavy air and road traffic that is usually experienced during the actual holiday.

Last evening I was reading some of the blogs from years back that Carol wrote during Thanksgiving holidays while at the lake house. Her health was deteriorating from cancer and we were on a roller coaster of emotions reviewing scans and CA-125 results. We had just arrived at the lake awaiting the arrival of family members the next day when Carol wrote about her night:

“Dear friends, if you’re walking in a dark and scary place and if I know about it, I was probably thinking about you last night. We’re at the lake, by ourselves, and went to bed so early that I had some awake time during the night when my thoughts went to people I care a lot about who are in difficult circumstances right now. So I worried awhile, and then prayed. Then I opened my eyes and saw the little illuminated FROG sculpture that Chuck brought along with us. It reminded me that all of us—you and I both—need to Fully Rely On God when we’re in dark places. I hope that you’re doing that. I want that to be the rule of my life too. And also to POG (Praise Our God).” I find that rereading Carol’s blogs to be an encouragement as I am reminded of the tender care and peace that God provided us during that especially difficult time.

A recent Indeed devotional was titled Shalom, a Hebrew word for peace. It was described as a peace that is beyond just a “lack of conflict within and with others, but a fullness, abundance, health and prosperity of all of life that comes from being with God.” Carol was a tremendous example of that Shalom peace right up to the moment she passed through that curtain of death.

On that Thanksgiving Carol gave each of us a small blue piece of paper on which we were to list items which we were thankful for, at least one which would be indestructible. This Thanksgiving one of my indestructible items that I am thankful for, are the fond memories of sharing my life with such a tremendous wife

I trust that your week is going well and that you are enjoying Shalom peace in your lives. Your prayers are always appreciated as I make this upcoming twelve hour trip.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home