Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Thankful

After finishing the book of Exodus and moving into the book of Leviticus I am certainly glad to be living at this time in history. What an assortment of requirements from God! The Israelites were certainly far from perfect, but I am not sure that they were all that much different than we in the 21st century. They were quick to forget about God’s guidance, protection and blessing, finding it easy to complain and sin in a multitude of ways. After God gave the Ten Commandments followed by thunder, lightening and smoke billowing from the mountain, Moses assured them; “Don’t be afraid, for God has come in this way to test you, and so that your fear of him will keep you from sinning.” (Exodus 20:20)

It is great not to be living under the many laws of Exodus and Leviticus, knowing the grace of God, but I fear that it has become far too easy for us to be involved in sin because of our “familiarity” with God while lacking a full understanding of his holiness. For me, I feel that can stem from a lack of study/understanding of the Bible and a personal pride/selfishness that the Holy Spirit is not allowed to penetrate. I have appreciated the teaching of our pastor in the Gospels, and our Learning Group studies about the facets salvation. I find the two approaches making me far more sensitive to my own responses to situations and people around me, along with a greater sensitivity to the areas in my life that are not pleasing/glorifying the Lord. In short sin! Maybe is okay to have a healthy fear of God?

After three days short of a month, the repair of my car is complete. It is hard for me to imagine that the antlers of a large buck deer can lay up a vehicle for that long and cost over $6,000. I believe that we both got a headache from that encounter. That is the time when you really appreciate having insurance!

As we wrap up the week, I trust that you have been enjoying the many blessings of God and appreciating the finished work of Jesus on the cross, on our behalf.

Love to all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home