Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Congratulations Jeremy & Julianna!

Congratulations are in order! Jeremy and Julianna welcomed Judah Alex William Slager into their family, weighing 9 lbs 1 oz at around 6:00 PM yesterday after 36 hours of labor. Mom and baby are doing well, but as you can imagine, mom is rather sore and tired. As for dad, he was ecstatic when he called me with the news. Thanks so much for your prayers. We are thankful for this new addition to our family.

Speaking of praying, I will appreciate your prayers for me and the medical people as I have eye surgery on Tuesday (3/27). I will be having surgery on my right eye to remove a cataract and also some additional corrective surgery on that eye. Two weeks later (4/10) I will have cataract surgery on my left eye. I have to confess that I am not excited to have surgery on my eyes. When I read all of the possible results from the surgery, it really made me wonder if I was willing to sign off on those possibilities. I am sure that the medical people have to cover their bases, but it sure does make me thankful to know that God will be in final control.

While being awake early this morning I was reminded of Psalm 46;

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. (Psalm 46:1-3) And to reinforce that truth, we read in verses seven and eleven; “The LORD Almighty is with us!” That certainly does ease my anxiety but your prayers for these two procedures and for complete healing without infection or complication will be much appreciated.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home