Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Best laid plans...

You know the old saying; "The best laid plans..." Well, Sue did not make it here due to the severe snow conditions in the Cleveland area. She had to cool her heals in a motel until the storm subsided, and then it was too late to make the trip and get back home in time to return to work at the hospital. I was certainly disappointed that she could not make it but thankful that she safely got back home. I had set up times for her to get together with friends here so I proceeded with the plans and have been busy entertaining without the guest of honor being present. I considered calling things off, but realized that I had a lot of food that would not keep until my return.

Tomorrow I have an early flight to the Bahamas where I will meet up with daughter Lisa and Carol's sister Ruth and her husband Paul. Our weather has been so fantastic here this winter that leaving weather behind is not an issue, but it is always a delight to visit friends and family there. I am praying that our flights will be without incident and that we will not pick up any "bugs" while away. It seems that there is a lot of flu around right now so we can do without that.

I am always appreciative of your prayers and will get an update out as soon as possible. Sometimes it is a bit difficult to "connect" in the Bahamas which always reminds me of the big banner as I enter the Nassau terminal stating "It's better in the Bahamas."

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home