Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Successful surgery


As you can see, spring is busting out all over here. The cherry trees between my office and our welcome center were beautiful until a heavy wind, rain and a bit of hail hit them over the weekend. The ground under the trees now looks like a snow storm and the trees are turning green.

Thanks so much for your prayers for my surgery yesterday. The surgery was in the morning and when I returned for my check-up late in the afternoon, the doctor was very pleased with the results. At the moment it is not perfect from my side of the eye with a bit of swelling there yet, but that will continue to improve he assures me. I was also blessed with help driving between hospital and doctor's office, offers to stay with me over night and delicious food brought in both for lunch and dinner. With family so far away, it is a tremendous blessing to have such caring friends here.

With things still in a bit of a “blur” for me, I will keep this blog short. Hopefully after my second surgery in two weeks, my vision will be much improved. My desire for each of you was well stated by the Apostle Paul; “…May your roots go down deep into the soil of God’s marvelous love.” (Ephesians 3:17b)

With His love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home