Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Fun Days


It has been a tremendous joy to have Lisa visiting me.  We are avoiding any travel into town with the thousands of extra people, and many dignitaries here for the Democratic National Convention.  Many streets are being closed and security is mighty tight at the airport and all around town.  Today on the way to church we saw many electronic signs reminding us about what we can and cannot do.  It is a good time to get out of town!

 This weekend we visited Justin and Laura in Sumter SC and had a delightful time with them and Ella Grace.  She is becoming quite the little lady and kept us busy.  For having just moved into their house, they are extremely well settled. It is wonderful to have them less than two hours away, so hopefully we will be able to get together often.  It was fun to visit Justin’s office on the base and do some touring of the area where they plan to stay for the next three years.

Later in the week Lisa and I are going to take a quick trip to Florida so that she can help me evaluate the possibility of relocating there sometime down the road.  As I get older I am reminded that it is time to start considering the options before I am at a point that I am unable to make the adjustment.  It is such a blessing to have a family that is so encouraging and helpful!

I just completed reading the book of Daniel and was reminded that while it appears that Daniel never preached an actual sermon, his life was a continual sermon through his choices, diligence, wisdom and prayer.  I especially liked Daniel’s statement to King Nebuchadnezzar as he interpreted his dream; “And it is not because I am wiser than anyone else that I know the secret of your dream, but because God wants you to understand what was in your heart.”  (Daniel 2:30)  A great example of what was also in Daniel’s heart and a challenge for me to keep my heart open to God! 

Your calls and notes are always so much appreciated.  You are all fantastic!

Love, Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home