Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, October 01, 2012

Fun Weekend


I trust that each of you had an enjoyable weekend.  I had a special time this past weekend with friend Keith and his girlfriend Julie in the Raleigh/Durham area.  We spent a bit of time with his mother and brother in Wake Forest and checked out the progress on the new fish pond that Keith has been constructing up there.  Quite an undertaking in both engineering and construction, but it is progressing well in his limited spare time.  I was also able to give him a bit of a hand in repainting the living room and dining room in the apartment.  The new puppy, Buster, was a lot of fun.  He is a real cutie but is in that chewing, biting and jumping stage.  Fortunately he seems to be a quick learner as they are working hard on training him, but in child-like fashion, he reverts to his old antics on frequent occasions.  But by all appearances, Buster should turn into a good pal.

Keith had a very special cook-out while I was there with several neighbors joining us for some fantastic food.  One of his neighbors shared with me the difficult time he was having at his office, and his desire to transfer to another location.  We talked quite a while about his years with the corporation and his transfer to this current office which is so unlike his previous experiences.  It reminded me of some the struggles that I faced in my corporate days.  I remember Matthew 7:7-8 being a challenge for me at that time; “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for, Keep on seeking, and you will find.  Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives.  Everyone who seeks, finds.  And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.”  As much as we would like things to happen right away, Isaiah 60:22 also reminds us as it reminded the people of Jerusalem; “At the right time, I, the LORD, will make it happen.”  That has been a constant reminder for me not to run ahead of the Lord as I project and plan for the future.

Thanks so much for your notes, emails and calls.  I always love to hear from you!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home