Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, March 01, 2013

Way of Life


With my own health issues, several friends that are dealing with serious health problems, and others with major life challenges, I found the words of Paul in 2 Corinthians speaking directly to me.  So much so, that I used the following verses when leading our morning chapel/prayer time at the office this week:
“We live in such a way that no one will stumble because of us…”  (6:3a)

“We patiently endure troubles and hardships and calamities of every kind.”  (6:4b)

“We prove ourselves by our purity, our understanding, our patience, our kindness, by the Holy Spirit within us, and by our sincere love.”  (6:6)
“Our hearts ache, but we always have joy.”  (6:10a)

“For we are the temple of the living God.”  (6:16b)
“…let us cleanse ourselves of everything that can defile our body or spirit.  And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God.”  (7:1)

What a challenge for me today, and everyday, regardless of what may be before me.  It is far too easy to get all wrapped up in ME and forget whom I am here to serve.
My physical exam went well on the surface, but we are awaiting lab reports an Echo Cardiogram that is scheduled to further check a bit of a problem that did not show up on the EKG but was observed by the doctor while examining me.  We don’t anticipate that it is a major problem but it does need further checking.

I plan to go to Raleigh/Durham to spend the weekend with friend Keith who will be celebrating his 41st birthday.  I am looking forward to this time with him and also with his mom and brother who have invited me to have dinner with them in Wake Forest.
Your prayers, emails, notes and calls are a tremendous encouragement!  It is always a delight to catch up with each of you.

Love to you all,
Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home