Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Thanks for praying


Thanks to each of you that faithfully keep in touch and have been praying.  My back continues to improve and I am able to do most things fairly well with the exception of bending over, which is still quite painful but improving.  I have been blessed by so many that have stepped in to help.  Yesterday, friend Don came over to spread mulch for me and when I returned home I found that Rob had mowed the lawn again.  I am blessed!
Thanks for praying for Stuart.  He is now feeling stronger after the every-day radiation last week and it appears that the radiation shrunk the two large tumors.  He will go to Duke for additional tests next week in preparation for a possible stem cell transplant later on.  I know that he does not feel up-to-par but keeps on top of all of his responsibilities.  Few would guess how much he has been suffering.  Always cheerful and ready to help with anything!

I just got word that Laura (Ella’s mom) who in visiting in Michigan was taken to the hospital with labor pains, but is only around the 26th week.  Daughter Sue reported that she seems to be doing better now but I am sure that she will not be as involved in activities this weekend as planned.  Justin has gone up there to be with her and her family.  Do pray for Laura and the “little one”.

With all of the things that I have “on my plate” currently, coupled with so many health issues that friends and family members are facing, Proverbs chapter three has been a good reminder to fully trust the Lord rather than just relying on our finite understanding.  I wonder if Solomon was thinking of his father, King David’s words, when David was approaching the end of his life saying; “And you my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts.  If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.”  (1 Chronicles 28:9)

Love to you all,
Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home