Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Our Shepherd


It is interesting how so many unexpected things fill our lives each week.  Last Thursday, my friend and neighbor, Ivan, took his last breath at their home.  Cancer had moved to his brain but he kept his smile and humor right up until the very end, in spite of all of the discomfort and pain.  I was with the family for both the visitation on Tuesday and again at the service yesterday.  He will be missed by all of us.  Do pray for his wife Theresa and the family as they adjust to his home-going and life without him.

I have started getting some things sorted and deciding what I should take with me when the time comes to head further South.  But then there is the issue of disposing of the excess.   I am finding it a greater problem than I had anticipated.  I will be down-sizing again so do not want to take unnecessary items but at the same time take what I will need.  My family must have heard some of my moans so they are coming to spend this weekend with me, helping to get the ball rolling faster and helping dad.  I am richly blessed by a wonderful loving family!

On Saturday, Justin, Laura and Ella are going to join us for a two-year birthday party for Ella.  WOW…two years.  I believe that the years are going faster these days!  It is great to have them closer by, but we all keep so busy that or paths do not cross as often as I would like.

Yesterday I awoke early from a dream that I could not remember but for some reason the first and last verses of Psalm 24 vividly came into my mind; “The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want…Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” (Vs. 1 & 6)

That seems to put it all into perspective.  My shepherd is providing for my every need and at the same time his goodness and mercy are going with me through whatever the situation or needs may be for that hour and day until I make my final move to be with him.

I trust that each of you has a Blessed Easter!  He is risen…He is risen indeed!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home