Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Excitement on the lake

It has been an interesting experience watching all of the activity just outside my porch window.  Today I saw an alligator watching the shoreline as a bird came walking by.  For some strange reason, the bird stopped to closer examine the “bump” in the water.  (Just to the left of the bird’s leg)  I though the bird was a goner for certain, but he moved on and the alligator seemed to be focused on something else.  I was working on some files on the porch while keeping an eye on the water from time to time.  After possibly a half hour there was a big splash and the alligator had something.  I thought it was a fish at first, but then realized that it had fur.  Our lawn man came by on the mower at that time and he suspects that it may have been an otter.  I trust that the pictures copy well so you can see my “neighbor”. 


I am finding that I can be as busy with activities here as I wish.  Last evening I attended a prophecy meeting with some friends.  The events we are seeing on TV and reading about, are not all that surprising as we examine prophecy.  Recently I heard Chuck Swindoll make the statement; “Time is like a coin.  You can spend it any way you wish, but you can spend it only once.”  Even here it is important to evaluate the opportunities available.  Many good ones but not necessarily the best for that time.

Have a blessed week!

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home