Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Packing Progress


I trust that you all enjoyed your weekend.  It was a tremendous blessing for me to have Karin, Keith & Calli along with Justin, Laura & Ella here.  They helped me with much sorting and packing and also were able to use a number of items that I needed to dispose of.  The house is looking a bit torn-up with walls bare, several pieces missing and boxes all around.  At this point, I will truly be glad to see it move out of the door and into the truck heading to Florida.  My back pain sure does slow me down, but I believe with all of the good help, I will be able to get everything packed and ready to roll within the next three weeks.
I am thankful for the wonderful friends here that continually encourage me.  Rob has been keeping my grass mowed which is a great blessing and a relief for my back.  Our frequent rains keep it growing much faster than usual and my back does not much like the mowing process.  Sunday evening Rob and Connie had me over for a delightful dinner and then took me out for frozen yogurt at the Sweet Frog which acquired the name from Fully Rely On God.  I have numerous frogs around the house and in my office that friends gave to us during Carol’s battle with cancer.  Being that this is the 5th anniversary of Carol’s passing, they thought that the Sweet Frog would be the appropriate place to go for dessert.  Carol often referred to “FROG” in her blogs.

Later in the week I am expecting daughter Sue to arrive to give me some more help with the sorting and packing.  Hopefully I can get it all accomplished within the three weeks that are remaining before move day.  It is amazing how much stuff can accumulate without realizing it.
This is certainly a good time to practice full trust in the Lord and know that at the right time he will make it happen, as the Israelites were reminded in Isaiah 60:22.

Thanks for your calls, notes and prayers!
Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home