Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Submit to Him


I feel a bit like a juggler these days as I attempt to keep up with everything at the office, sorting and packing for the move to Florida and directing preparations for completion of the place down there.  All of the major construction is completed and at this time only the finishing details like paint, counter tops and floor coverings and many “little” things need my attention.  The next BIG event will be the actual move.  Fortunately a good friend has volunteered to come up from Florida and take charge of packing a truck and moving things for me.  What a blessing!  The actual date has not yet been established, but I will let you know when that has been set.
Last weekend I was with Justin, Laura and Ella celebrating their 5th anniversary.  It is hard to believe that it was five years ago that Carol and I made her final trip to Michigan to be part of their wedding.  That certainly is something I will never forget!  I am so thankful that the Lord made that last wish possible for Carol.

Today I will be attending the celebration for a co-worker and neighbor that passed on last week.  This is a most difficult time for her 92 year-old father and her sister, along with other members of the family.  Stuart has been asked to co-lead the celebration with the pastor so he had to change his chemo treatment today in order to accommodate their wishes.  Do join me in praying for all of them as this will be a very “draining” time for everyone.
Recently I heard Chip Ingram make the statement; “Do not attempt to use or manipulate the Lord, but rather submit to Him.”   I have thought much about that statement and recognize how easy it is to be so self-centered about my own desires that I miss the tremendous blessing that He has for me.  I often recall the words of one of our former leaders that frequently reminded us to “keep the main thing the main thing.”  I can see how easy it is to get “off track” and so focused on myself that I can miss the main thing that needs to be the priority for me…a good challenge every day!

I trust that your week is going well and that you are experiencing the blessings of the Lord as you submit to Him.
Love, Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home