Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

My Favoirite Things


I awoke this morning with the words of “My Favorite Things” from The Sound of Music going through my head.  I don’t believe that I have thought about that song for years, but possibly “the raindrops on roses” fit with all of the rain that we have been having and “brown paper packages tied up with strings” fit with the boxes that I have been packing in preparation for my move.  I had a call from our driver this week, advising me that he will be here ready to pack on Wednesday 7/31.  With my back still giving me a fair amount of trouble, it means that I need to keep focused to make the deadline and at the same time keep all of the routine things at home and the office up to date.
Tonight Keith, Karin and Calli are driving through the night to arrive here early tomorrow.  They will be helping me with packing and will take a trailer load of items back with them.  Justin, Laura and Ella are also coming to help and will also be renting a truck to transport items back home.  I am thrilled that the family is able to use so many of the items that I no longer need.  The BIG challenge is to know/guess what I will not need on the other end.  I am sure that I will likely take a bit too much, but will be disposing of many items.  This will be the third down-size and I am anticipating it to be the last.  When it comes time for me to move the next time, I suspect someone else will be in charge!

As I continue to nurse my ailing back along with sorting , packing and disposing of items, I frequently think of Isaiah 40:29-31 describing some of the attributes of our Lord:  “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”  That certainly is my prayer; to keep proceeding forward as the Lord provides the strength.
I trust that you will all enjoy a blessed 4th as you hopefully are able to celebrate with family and friends.

Love, Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home