Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Blessed

While eating lunch today, I had a visitor stop by to check out my menu.  Our lone sand-hill crane stood at the porch window as long as I was eating.  He lost his mate to an alligator shortly before I arrived and often is seen with another crane couple.  Today he was alone and looking for some attention.  I told him that he would not like my lunch, but he continued to take great interest in it.  (Note his intent interest)


I have been blessed with several visitors recently.  Ruth and Paul visited from the Bahamas, Don came down from Charlotte to spend a weekend with me, Ralph and Carol came by having returned from Michigan, and Fred and Grace coming from Charlotte, joined me for church Sunday and for lunch.  It’s always fun to have visitors.

Don and I explored a bit of Highlands Hammock State Park and were pleased to find board walks through areas that are severely flooded.  Some of these walks were a bit narrow and required full attention to avoid going for a swim.  The scenery and wildlife were great!


This morning while reading Hebrews, I was reminded of the importance of maturity for the believer.  To gain that maturity it takes time (Hebrews 5:12), growing in the knowledge of the Word of God (vs. 13) and experience in using the Word to discern between right and wrong. (vs. 13-14)  I am certain that it is a continuous growing process until we pass through that final curtain of death.  I am so thankful for those in the past as well at those around me now that continue to challenge me in my maturing.

I suspect that in most areas of the country you are experiencing the beginning of the fall season as we are here in Florida.  I am sure that I will miss the beautiful coloring leaves here, but I can’t say that I am sad about missing those white flakes falling from the sky.

I am always thrilled to hear from each of you, so keep those lines of communication open!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home