Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pray

Our dear friend Stuart is returning home today from Duke after several very painful days of initial preparation for a stem cell transplant.  The doctors determined that his Multiple Myeloma is continuing to advance rapidly and that it is urgent to proceed with the next preparations rapidly.  After a week at home recuperating he will return to Duke for stem cell collections. 

The report from his visit at Duke is that "this has been a rough time with some 'atkypical' awful side effects."  Please pray for Stuart and his family.  This has to be extremely difficult for all of them as it is for us that watch from the sidelines.  It is so easy to want to ask why but I suspect that we should be more focused upon WHAT God is going to accomplish for His glory through this. 

I had a delightful brief visit from my dear friends from Charlotte as they returned home from a vacation on Marco Island.  It was a special time to catch up with them over lunch Saturday.

Later this week I plan to drive to Chicago for some meetings.  On the way I will spend time with grandson Justin and family in SC, spend a couple days in Charlotte helping a bit at the office and taking care of some miscellaneous items, spend the weekend with daughter Karin and family in IN and spend a bit of time with grandson Jeremy and family in IL.  Then I will hurry back to Florida to welcome daughter Sue who will be flying into Orlando to spend some time with me.  Due to the colder weather that is moving in, I suspect that this will be my last trip beyond the Carolinas until the temperatures warm up next year.  I will appreciate your prayers as I cover the many miles over a period of eight days.

This week I heard Chuck Swindoll make the statement:  "The person that knows how usually will be found working for the person that knows why."  I have found that an interesting thought to ponder since I heard him say it. 

Thanks for your love and prayers!

.Chuck


























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home