Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, October 14, 2013

Truly Glad

I find it amazing how rapidly the days go by.  It seems like I sent a blog out just a few days ago and I see that it is more like two weeks ago.  I have a coworker from Charlotte staying here with me for a few days who will head back home tomorrow.  I always enjoy the visits!  I am also trying to get my mind around the accounting system here to be of help in that area.  I am amazed at how much is accomplished with a relatively small and extremely dedicated staff here.  It is a blessing to work with them and be a part of the village. 

I have found that my favorite location in the house is the porch.  I do as many things as possible there where I can watch the birds, alligators, beautiful cloud formations passing by, and outstanding sunsets.  I am pleased that I included that room in my construction plans.  Yesterday as I drove around the end of the lake returning home, I found a large alligator on the drive with several large birds encircling him.  I am not certain what was going on but wondered if he had just dined upon one of their friends?  I was amazed at how fast he moved when I got close to him.  Like a shot he dove into the lake!

Recently I finished reading the book of Hebrews and was again challenged by the responses of the men and women of faith in chapter 11 as they faced extremely difficult situations.  As I reflect upon my move here, I am reminded of my lack of faith at times when it seemed like an impossibility with the serious breathing issues and then an extremely painful back that I was dealing with.  I am embarrassed to say that there were times when I had great doubt that the move could ever be accomplished, and I don’t believe that it could have happened if I had insisted upon “calling all the shots” myself.  It was at those times that I relearned the necessity of committing the project to God and he did amazing things through circumstances and people.  Today I was reading 1 Peter 1:6 “So be truly glad.  There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while.”  I sure can relate to that even if my trials were minor compared to what the Jewish Christians were facing at that time.  Their intense persecution was something that most of us have not known but is being faced by many in other parts of the world today.  I wonder how well I will face that kind of persecution should we find ourselves in that situation? 

Do keep in touch.  I always look forward to you cards, emails, letters, phone calls and visits! 

Love to all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home