Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Indestructible

It was a joy to be with Stuart, Donna and their family over the Thanksgiving holiday while they were still at Duke Medical Center in Durham.  As you can see, there was some fun with the “turkey” that arrived.

Stuart is making progress but continues to be extremely weak and is extremely vulnerable to infections.  Plans are that he will return to Charlotte this week to continue his recuperation from the stem-cell transplant.  He will be in frequent contact with his oncologist there to monitor his progress.  They tell him that the next three months are critical as his immune system is rebuilding.  Do continue to pray for him!

Today as I read chapter 11 of Revelation about the two prophets/witnesses that were on mission for God, I was reminded of a quote I read regarding that passage; “You are indestructible until God’s purpose for your life is completed “.  Those men accomplished amazing tasks before being killed.  But after 3 ½ days God breathed life into them and took them into heaven.  I can just imagine the scene as a terrible earthquake came after they were raised from the dead, killing seven thousand people and “…everyone else was terrified and gave glory to the God in heaven.” (11:13 b)  I found indestructible an encouraging thought to ponder.

I had a delightful time with friend Keith and his family, enjoying a delicious multiple course Thanksgiving dinner with turkey and all the trimmings.  A cold-front arrived along with me which brought a few snow flurries and freezing temperatures, quite unusual for that time of year. 

I was thankful for a wonderful time with friends and safe travel as I drove the many miles during the reportedly busiest travel time of the year.  Thanks so much for your prayers!

Have a blessed week!

Chuck 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home