Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, November 11, 2013

Thanks for Praying

While I was traveling, the exterior of my house was pressure washed in preparation for a new paint job.  This past week our painters were able to cover the house and trim and I think it looks quite nice.  This is a quick peek at the entrance. To see the rest of the house you will have to come by for a visit.

Friend Stuart came through both the nuclear blast and stem cell transplant on Thursday and Friday very well.  He told me that he was even able to sleep through a good share of the blast.  The next couple of weeks are anticipated to be on the tough side for him with extreme reactions to the previous procedures.   I talked with Donna today while he was having his daily dosage of meds administered through a drip tube.  They are most appreciative for all of our prayers but we do need to continue to uphold them.  It still sounds like they will have to stay at Duke until sometime early December which will depend upon the response from his various systems.

As I think about Stuart, I see him as an excellent example of applying Jesus provision for each of his children; “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart.  And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.  So don’t be troubled or afraid.”  Each time I talk with Stuart that peace comes through loud and clear as his faith is based in THE GREAT PHYSICIAN who in turn is working through the medical people there.  Thanks for joining me in prayer for him and the family as they travel this very winding road!

This evening I am taking some friends who are volunteering for a few weeks here, to a special concert at church in honor of our veterans.  I find that there is never any lack of activities here in the village, at church and in town.  They do a great job of providing an excellent selection of events to select from.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home