Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, July 14, 2014

Safe Travels

I safely returned to Sebring on Thursday, with Stuart, Donna and Rachel arriving on Friday beginning our day together with lunch here.  It was a delight to have them here looking for a possible home, and a special thrill when they selected one which they will be occupying as soon as he gets medical approval from his Oncologist.  This will most likely be some months away but it is great to anticipate having Stuart and Donna joining us here in The Village!  The home has had numerous updates already so will only require window treatment, appliances and a few improvements to adapt it to their needs.  They left for Charlotte this afternoon, planning one overnight stop during their around 10 hour trip.  Please join me in praying for them.  Rachel has been experiencing some challenging health issues, and Stuart is quite weak from the heavy chemo treatments which will again be commenced shortly after his return home.  The trip will be a much more difficult one than for those of us in good health.

It was a special time for me to be with Keith and Karin, my college grandkids Gavin and Calli along with Justin, Laura, Ella and Sophia at the lake in Indiana.  We managed to pack a lot of talking and together time into a few days.  I plan to take another trip in the not too distant future to visit other family members and friends in Michigan, Illinois and Wisconsin.  As we get located further apart, it gets more difficult to get together with everyone at the same time.  I won’t mention that Chuck could be slowing down a bit too!

As I traveled back I heard Jack Graham make a statement that has continued to challenge my thoughts.  He said that our focus should be on God’s will, purpose and glory.  As I thought about that statement I could recall too many prayers and desires just to heal a sickness or get through a difficult time with my thoughts were far from God’s will, purpose or glory.  Was that situation actually his will, for his purpose to accomplish his glory?  Shouldn’t every moment of every day including every situation we find ourselves in, be usable by HIM?  Instead of complaining and trying to minimize those undesirable situations, I am now trying to focus on what can be accomplished for God through it and thank him for the “opportunity” to be used by him.

As Jesus faced much discomfort, pain and ridicule he said; “Now my soul is deeply troubled.  Should I pray, ‘Father save me from this hour’?  But this is the very reason I came!  Father bring glory to your name.”  What an example Jesus gave us!  I need to keep that at the forefront of my mind…Gods will, purpose and glory no matter what!

Love to you all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home