Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Blessings

We had a different message Sunday as our pastor presented his acrostic for CHRISTMAS.  I thought it provided a good focus for the Sunday preceding Christmas.  He described God as; Creator (Col. 1:18-20), Hope (Rom. 15:13; Phil 1:6), Returning (1 Cor. 15), Infinite (Ps. 147:1,6), Savior (Lk. 2:8-11) and Trustworthy (Jn. 3:16, 3:5).  He pointed out Christ is the most important part of Christmas and for the MAS he reminded us that Material gifts Always Spoil.  A tremendous contrast to Christ!  Obviously expanded upon each point.

I will be flying to Indiana on Christmas day to celebrate with the entire family (20 of us) at the lake house.  I had not planned to make the trip due to my respiratory problem when exposed to cold weather, but have been encouraged by the family and my pulmonologist who is sending extra meds which he assures me will take me through the four days that I will be staying there.  With all of the gatherings here in the village and with parties with church friends, my schedule has been full since before Thanksgiving.  So full in fact, that I have not found time to get Christmas greetings out.  That task will have to wait until after I return.

It is most interesting living on the lake here.  The staff has installed colored lights around the lake which add to the beauty of the fountain with its changing colored lights.  The alligator and turtles have been sunning themselves quite often and today I saw a first!  We have a pair of what folks call Egyptian Geese that are beautiful.  Suddenly there was only one around and I was fearful that our alligator caught one.  Then we noticed the mother high up in an osprey nest.  Today she appeared with six little goslings in tow.  We are hoping that they do not fall prey to the alligator or the huge turtles that are in the lake.

Have a blessed Christmas remembering that “This is how God showed His love among us:  He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him,”

Love to all,


Chuck 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home