Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Faith, Hope and Love

This morning during a sound sleep at 3:00 am I heard my phone ringing.  I answered it and heard; “Hi Chuck, it’s so good to hear your voice.”  Then I awoke!  Immediately I recognized it to be the voice of a dear friend that is dealing with more challenges than I can imagine.  I was able to be together briefly with this young man who lives several states away, a few weeks ago.  He had five major issues before him!  When my brain finally was functioning at that early hour, I earnestly prayed for him recalling his email yesterday, but not knowing what was going on with him at the moment, then drifted back to sleep.  This morning I awoke to find two emails from him.  Never have I been so thrilled to hear from someone!

As I was drifting into reality later this morning the word faith sprung into my mind, and after I finished reading the two emails, I turned on the coffee and opened to Hebrews chapter 11.  I quickly read through chapters 11-13 then returned to more carefully attempt to hear what God wanted me say to me through them and to understand what He sees going on in my actions and emotions.  Yes, tears of regret as well as thankfulness fell freely as I realized the power of faith, hope and love expressed there.  Previously in 10:32 we read; “Think back on those early days…”  And I did, recalling many challenges similar to this young man that I faced, and how I handled them.  I recalled numerous ones that were poorly handled, when I “hit the bottom” but now see how God, through His Holy Spirit and some of his faithful encouragers, brought me through.  My greatest desire is to be obedient to Him and be available and usable by him in the lives of those around me!

The benediction in Hebrews 13:20-21 is my desire for you as well as myself today!  May God give you a blessed weekend.

Love to all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home