Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, January 02, 2015

Fantastic Christmas

I trust that each of you had a wonderful Christmas.  Your prayers were answered as all went well on my trip.  The flights were full but comfortable and everyone stayed healthy so there was no sharing of any “bugs”.  Several asked about how we managed with 20 staying at the house.  It went remarkably well but we did bring the pop-up camper into the heated garage providing beds for five of the group.  The smaller children were thrilled to sleep in “beds” made up on the floor of their parent’s rooms, and Karin and Keith’s dog Haley was eager to be invited to snuggle up with some of the kids.  One night the bedroom doors all were left closed so she awoke me at 3:00 AM not pleased to be sleeping alone. 

We had a fun time with gifts for the kids.  I was “Boppi Clause” with a pillow stuffed in my shirt with my elf helper Joshua assisting in the distribution of the gifts.  The weather there has been unusual.  In October when the cold front came through, the lake had several inches of Ice on it.  Christmas day it was around 50 with no ice on the lake.  The morning of my departure the thermometer registered 14 and as I took off from the airport in the evening, snow was falling and a sharp wind was blowing.  I’ll admit that I was happy to land back in Florida to mild evening temperatures.  The two-hour drive back home was without heavy traffic and I was in bed shortly after 11 PM.  Thanks so much for praying.  I was a bit concerned if it was wise for me to travel into the cold that time of year.  It is so easy for me to get pneumonia when exposed to the cold.  Thank you Lord for a wonderful time with the family!

A blessed and Happy New Year to all of you!

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home