Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, June 07, 2015

Finding Wisdom

This past week in the mornings, I started reading the Proverbs and continue to find advice that fits into what I am experiencing or discussing with someone frequently.  At the outset in Chapter 1 we are reminded that “the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge/wisdom.”  We so often think of fear of something bad.  In this case as we consider the context, I see fear to be a reverence for God with a desire to submit to His will.  Chapter 2 refers to numerous moral benefits that are obtained from wisdom, and Chapter 3 promises a number of rewards as we trust God and walk in His wisdom.  They include longevity and prosperity (vs. 1-2); special favor with God and man (vs. 3-4); guidance as we get to know God personally (vs. 5-6); vigorous health and refreshment for our bodies (vs. 7-8); prosperity according to God’s will (vs. 9-10) and a positive experience of learning/growing from God’s discipline (vs. 11-12).  I have found it to be an exciting exercise for me, as I think about each days reading throughout the day, to see how many examples in my life confirm those truths.  I have found it amazing how many of those experiences started out with various degrees of fear in my heart, ending up to be a great learning experience and ultimately a blessing! 

Max Lucado made a statement about fear that I feel fits so well; “The presence of fear does not mean you have no faith.  Fear visits everyone.  Even Christ was afraid (Mark 14:33).  But make your fear a visitor and not a resident.  Hasn’t fear taken enough?  Enough smiles? Chuckles?  Restful nights, exuberant days?  Meet your fears with faith.  Don’t be afraid; just believe.  Believe that God can; believe that he cares.”  Well said!

I am grateful that it appears that I am starting to turn a corner with balancing breathing meds and also a bit of relief from the excruciating shingles pain.  Thank you Lord, and thank each of you for praying!

Love,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home