Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Decisions

I finished the book of Genesis a few days ago and am continuing through the book of Exodus.  This morning I was reflecting upon the contrasts and similarities between Joseph and Moses.  In their youth Joseph grew up in a typical Hebrew home while Moses spent his youth in a palace.  Joseph came close to being murdered and Moses was on the run for the murder that he committed.  Joseph rose to the position of Prime Minister of Egypt while Moses was demoted from his high position. 

It is interesting how both men had an encounter with God under most unexpected circumstances.  Joseph had visions and Moses came face to face with him in the burning bush.  Both were used by God to impact multitudes of people for God’s own glory!  Joseph saving a great number of lives by providing relief from a famine.  Moses by letting God work through him to lead God’s people out of slavery.  The thing that struck me most, was that both men made crucial decisions that ultimately affected their destinies and impacted multitudes for God’s glory.  At that time I am certain they had no idea what a tremendous impact those “little” decisions would have for their people as well as themselves!

I have reflected much on the “what ifs” should they have made other decisions, along with looking back at some of my past decisions.  Most of those answers will remain unknown but most certainly their lives would have ended dramatically different if they had not been obedient to God.   They would have missed the peace, joy and satisfaction as they finished their earthly lives.  That only addresses the end of this life which has a termination point.  Then let your mind attempt to wrap around what their next life became and the fact that it will have no ending.  Its eternality is equally difficult to grasp with my finite mind.

A few days ago I had an email from a dear friend saying; “I feel the Lord talking to me through James chapter one and I’m asking for His help to be the man he wants me to be.”  That really caused me to focus on what I had been reading and recognize that same desire seeing that it will be the decisions that I make from here on that will determine how well I finish this life and how prepared I am to go through that final curtain separating these few years to my eternal life.  After reading friend Mark’s email, I went back to James chapter one and was convicted of the importance of more closely listening and responding to God’s Word and to His Holy Spirit’s leading!  I am thankful for friends like Mark and for you who continually encourage and challenge me.

May God be providing a “Mark” in your lives to encourage and challenge you also!

Love to all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home