Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Joy

Either I am slowing down or else more opportunities than usual seem to be crossing my path.  Likely it is a combination of the two.  I have been delayed in getting a blog out and also decided against pushing to get a Christmas letter in the mail this year.  There were just not hours enough in the day so I decided that it was more important to spend face to face time with people.

Last week I made a trip to the Virginia Mountains to attend the memorial service and burial of my dear friend Stuart who so valiantly fought Multiple Myeloma and more recently added the challenges of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease during the past months while here in Florida.  It was a delight for me to visit the church situated on the top of a knoll in the mountains where Stuart was a founding member, and have an opportunity to visit with a number of his relatives that live in the area. It was a sunny but brisk day when I arrived for the service, but as I drove down the mountain at dusk, snow flurries were falling past the beam of my headlights.  I was glad to leave that weather behind!

The following day I attended a second service for Stuart in Charlotte, spending the weekend there to visit a number of long-time friends, some who are facing some difficult physical challenges.  I was also able to visit several other friends in route which was a blessing catching up with each other and being reminded that God is in ultimate control of our lives and the situations around us.

It has been a busy time here in the village and at church with many activities over the holidays.  My family was scattered for Christmas, but will be getting together in Michigan for New Years.  I have decided that it is best for me to avoid the potential cold considering the danger of developing some respiratory problems from the anticipated weather.  Those physical weaknesses seem to become magnified as the years pass.  Hopefully as we gain in age we will also gain wisdom about the care of our bodies and lives.  That reminds me of some thoughts from Moses that continually challenge me:

“Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures, yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away…Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom…Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.” (Psalm 90:10-14)

Love to all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home