Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Morning/Mourning?

After a long day driving home from an unplanned weekend trip with a dear friend to Georgia, followed by a late lunch meeting with another friend in Sebring, a visit to the Hospice House with Stuart’s family as Stuart remained unresponsive, laboring with each breath awaiting the call of his beloved Lord and Savior, Jesus, and finally attending an evening prophecy meeting, I received in the night a message; “Stuart is with the Lord.” 

A multitude of emotions hit me ranging first, one of tremendous joy knowing that he is now free of the pain and cares of this world and tenderly carried to his eternal heavenly home with his beloved Lord Jesus, joining multitudes of friends and family members in heaven.  On the other hand great grief at the loss of a dearly loved friend who has stood faithfully by me and a great number of others, ministering, encouraging and supporting us through those difficult times of life and joyously walking with us during the bright days. 

Having recently finished reading the book of James, I see Stuart as a prime example of following James words; first putting his faith in the Lord Jesus and being obedient to His Word, but then following that by devoting a lifetime of allowing the Lord to shape his life, thoughts and actions, to use him so that our Great God could work through him in each of the lives that his life touched…mine being just one of many!

As I waited for sleep to come late last night, many wonderful memories flooded my mind but at the same time I was challenged by the degree of my trust and obedience to what Jesus is telling me through his Word and His Holy Spirit.  I thank you Lord for the way you have used, and will continue to use Stuart along with many other believers to challenge me in my daily walk.  Help me not only to hear but also to quickly obey you!

“Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his faithful servants.”  (Psalm 116:15)

Love to you all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home