Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Life Well Lived!

With Stuart’s arrival in Sebring, it was a tremendous joy for me to have two Spiritual Giants (Jerry & Stuart) living close by.  Unfortunately both have been battling cancer for some time.   As neighbors, they were able to encourage each other as they continued down the final stretch of life.  While I was at the lake in Indiana with my family, I received a call that Jerry had passed on and was now free from the severe pain that had accompanied his cancer during his final weeks.  His passing occurred on what would have been our 56th anniversary making it a date I will not quickly forget!

I drove directly home making only one visit in Nashville to spend a few hours with one of my former pastors from Charlotte.  I had not seen Tom for about ten years so there was much to discuss.  I was thankful to put those 1,200 miles behind me in a couple of days and return in time for Jerry’s services.  On Friday evening I was honored to be invited to join the family and a small group of friends at the funeral home.  On Saturday morning I attended the burial and later the memorial service at his church in the afternoon.  Recalling the many of us that Jerry has volunteered to move, the mode of transportation for his body from the funeral home to the cemetery was the vehicle he was most comfortable driving…a Penske truck!  Bev his wife, told me that she was certain he would have chosen that over a hearse, given the choice.  Each of the services was a blessing and a tremendous encouragement to follow the lead of such giants of the faith to be assured of completing my life well also.

It has been a rather busy time since my return but I am thankful to be safely home after being able to visit family members and friends in several states these past weeks.  If the Lord continues to provide the strength and health, I hope to visit many more of you in the not too distant future.

Love to all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home