Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Health can be a challenge

It seems that I have been excessively occupied with health issues these past few weeks.  I had laser surgery on both eyes over a period of two weeks but I received a favorable report yesterday about the success of the surgeries which I am glad to have behind me.  Also during these past weeks my COPD has been causing me excessive trouble and I am attempting to manage it without taking excessive medications.  My pulmonologist has been out of town, but I will see him on Friday to consider any other options that may be out there.  I will also be going over the new results of an extensive blood work-up done in Boston which may give us a bit more insight. 

In spite of the extra physical challenges, I have been able to keep quite active without missing very many planned events.  A few things however have been delayed a bit.  There seems to be a multitude of “bugs” going around lately, so hopefully it may be that I have just picked up one of those that is aggravating the COPD. 

As I finished the book of Leviticus and start reading Number I continue to see the results of poor choices that generated painful consequences.  The nation even managed to stretch a possibly eleven-day hike into a forty-year journey while heading for the promised land of Canaan.  I have a difficult time just visualizing what that was like with possibly 2-3 million people traveling together.  The logistics in moving that many people sounds overwhelming.  Moses and Aaron certainly had their hands full!

I am in a men’s Bible study on Tuesday evenings that consists of a nice range of ages which generates some good discussions.  Currently we are in a study on prayer and it is a blessing not only to study the Word of God together, but also to be able to share the various challenges and pains that guys are experiencing caused by poor choices and to pray together, watching God work in amazing ways in individual lives.  It is easy to see that it is through obedience that we receive the blessings of God.

I trust that each of you is enjoying special blessings from our Great God this week!


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home