Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Catching Up

As you no doubt have noticed, I have been delayed in getting a blog out.  The breathing problems seemed to hit me rather hard so I have been working on that with my pulmonologist.  He prescribed a short course of some strong drugs to help open the passage ways and has now put me on some new medications that seem to be helping.  I can sure relate with the fellow that said; “When you can’t breathe, nothing else matters!”  I am thankful for the improvement that is allowing me to get in more exercising which is necessary to keep my lungs and heart functioning as best as they can.  They have served me well for many years so I suspect that it is not surprising that those organs could be getting “tired.”

I was thankful to have Keith, Karin, Gavin and Calli visit during spring break from college.  We were able to spend a few days together at the St. Pete beach where I got some good walks in along the shore.  The walking coupled with the salt air seemed to help my breathing.  Sue flew down from Michigan while we were there and joined us briefly.  She and I then took a trip over to the Bahamas to visit Carol’s sister Ruth and her husband for a few days.  It was a delight to have all of them down here for a visit.

One benefit of being slowed down a bit with health issues has been to have extra time reading.  As I read the last chapters of Judges seeing the spiritual and moral decline of the nation, it seemed like I was reading the front page of our current newspapers…”…everyone did as they saw fit.” (Judges 17:6b) Those were some rather dark days for the nation.  It seems that the nation had no remembrance of its divine origin and I fear that we are much in the same position currently.  We have much to pray about!

I trust that each of you is doing well and that you have a blessed week.

Love to all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home