Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, May 21, 2016

For such a time

As some of you have noticed, I have been quite delinquent in adding a periodic blog.  With health issues along with Internet problems and just keeping up on essential matters, I have delayed in posting. I thought I had touched base with all regular readers by email but if you were missed, please respond and I will do my best to keep you updated even when I do not get to the blog.

I seem to be making progress with my health, continuing to be thankful for the wisdom that the Lord continues to provide each day.  I've added biking with my walking routine along with making adjustments in my diet as recommended by the doctors.  A few weeks ago I was in the Charlotte area visiting several friends and catching up on a few things at the office.  Shortly I will be driving to Washington, DC to spend some time with daughter Lisa.  Thankfully, I am still able to get around to see the family and they also visit me here.

I just finished reading the book of Esther.  I don't recall the word "God" ever being mentioned in it, but it was most obvious that He was in full command throughout the book!  A phrase  that always challenges me in that book is; "And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?"  (Esther 4:14b)  It is so easy to classify myself as "retired" and not feel responsible for those within my circle of influence, but what a mistake.  God continues to bring those across my path in the most unique ways giving me opportunities to be a channel through which He can work.  While He can use others if I am not willing, I would then miss the tremendous blessing of these new friendships and of being a small part of God's work in their lives.  Esther challenges each of us with her obedience to God, her response regardless of possible danger and discomfort:  "...And if I perish, I perish." (4:16b)  Esther did not just blindly charge ahead when made aware of the serious situation with her people.  First she sent word for her people to fast and pray for three days and she joined them in the fast seeking God's guidance in prayer.  When the time was "right" Esther was ready!  I am challenged to also be ready to step forward with God's guidance as He opens opportunities of service for Him.

I trust that each of you is doing well and looking forward to a blessed day tomorrow!

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home