Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Times like These

Two prayer requests: It feels as though what I need most is to be able to breathe freely. (It's now 10 months that my breathing restrictions and cough have been seriously bad.) The fluid is still building, and I appreciate your praying for it to slow down. But I realize this is only a symptom of the real problem; there's lots of cancer in there, invisibly causing fluid and other "dastardly deeds." So the deeper need is that God will direct the chemo straight at the cancer and zap it. Thanks.

A couple of days ago a friend sent a quote from a book she was reading, "Beyond All You Could Ask or Think" by Ray Pritchard. It was so good I thought I'd pass it along:

“In times like these, we need to stand fast on the truth of God’s sovereignty, and we need to hold on to the truth written down in the word of God. What you know can save you when life tumbles in around you. When the ground seems unsteady under your feet, remember what you have learned. Go back to the first principles.

Then he lists these truths that we know to be true:
God is good.
God is faithful.
He will never leave me.
His mercy endures forever.
This is no mistake.
God has a purpose.
He is working out His plan for me.
God still loves me.
The Holy Spirit indwells me.
Jesus is alive today.
He will return someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home