Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, January 20, 2006

What do you think?

Thursday was another wonderful day. We could conclude that I was just lucky. Or that the predictions of chemo's side effects were too extreme. Or we could fall to our knees in gratitude to God for His kindness in answering your prayers and helping me feel so well. What do you think? Now, let me add that if tomorrow turns out to be yucky, I promise not to conclude that God has ceased to be good nor that you have quit praying.

I'm also thankful to report that it's been a very good week in terms of planning and writing the next SIM magazine. I've been doing this for 5 years now, and can't remember a time when ideas and words came so smoothly. Thanks for your prayers there too.

A note about "body" stuff. All these years my body and I have had a friendly deal: I wouldn't bother it and it wouldn't bother me. Wow! Has that changed! Now I have to pay attention to everything. (Small indications can lead to big problems quickly if not cared for.) I can't believe how much more time it takes! One small example: I need to rinse my mouth at least 2 times a day with a flouride ACT rinse, and every couple of hours with a mild salt solution to minimize dry mouth and mouth sores. No problem, just time-consuming.

Today I plan to spend a couple of hours at the office working with our photo manager on photos to go with the stories for the next magazine. I'll spend some time writing too, as well as resting, reading, listening to music, lunch with Chuck, and a short visit with a friend.

Your love and prayers make such a difference. Thanks from my whole heart.
Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home