Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, February 25, 2006

"Then I Am Still"

A few days ago I quoted part of the song, "You Raise Me Up." I'm still finding lots of encouragement from it. "Then I am still, and wait here in the silence, until You come and sit awhile with me." I've had plenty of opportunity to be still this week, but I have to keep reminding myself thatstillness is a good thing. It really is good--especially when it creates an atmosphere for God Himself to "come and sit awhile with me."

I was able to work at the office for two hours on Friday, and we accomplished what needed to be done then. I think I'm stronger today, and hope by Monday and Tuesday to be able to finish the job with excellence.

I read this morning about an elderly southern man who was always joyful no matter his circumstances. When someone asked him his secret, he said, "I just fall flat on the promises of God." There! That's a safe place to fall.

Thanks for praying.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home