Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Bumps and Lessons

It's almost a cliche: when you're traveling the cancer journey, there will be bumps in the road. (This time it's a urinary tract infection. No, I don't feel horrible, but it's a setback of sorts.)

This is also almost a cliche: when troubles come, there's a lesson to be learned. I've been thinking about this, and I know at least one lesson I want to learn from this whole journey. It is to live more closely tied to God in all my thoughts--at first awakening, throughout the day, and last thought at night. (Some of you have lived this way for years, and you're shocked to think that I still need to learn this lesson. Pray for me!)

Psalm 116: 1 and 9: I love the Lord because he hears and answers my prayers. Because he bends down and listens, I will pray as long as I have breath.... And so I walk in the Lord's presence as I live here on earth!

That's what I want to learn to do.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home