Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Honor

"Faith honors God. God honors faith."

That statement was in yesterday's devotional reading. I've been thinking about it off and on ever since I read it. I believe it's not the sort of faith that boasts, "I know exactly what God is going to do," but rather the faith that asserts, "I know that whatever God does is exactly right."

I've been focusing on Christ's suffering. It seems that already in Gethsemane He had become tainted by my (our) sin, and He went through the grisly horrors of that contamination as well as the dread of the coming torture on His own. So often in the past He had gone to that very spot to pray, and the Father had met Him there. But this time, it seems the Father had already turned His face away--not because of Jesus, but because Jesus had assumed my identity and sin. As the evening wore on, and He wore down, an angel--an angel!!--came to encourage Him, which was wonderful, but how He longed for a word from His Father, one more look at His face. From then on, until it was all over, He persevered as a human with the Plan He had helped formulate for our redemption--without divine intervention. "No one is exempt from pain," the story said, but I doubt anyone has ever endured such intense spiritual pain. He really wanted us!

Another 8 pm bedtime last night--for both of us this time. We don't understand this weariness, but we're thankful to sleep well. And glad we continue to have strength for each day's work.

Bless you!
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home