Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, March 26, 2006

With All your Heart and Soul

This morning I read in Deuteronomy 4 a farewell message from Moses to the people of Israel whom he had led from Egypt to the promised land. He warned them that they would grow careless and come to love other things more than they love the Lord. Then he said that in their distress, they would again seek the Lord. "If you seek Him with all your heart and soul, you will find Him." I want that pursuit to be my highest goal for every day of whatever time I have left to live--whether months or years.

I find myself wilting earlier and sleeping later these days. I guess it's the anemia. May God use the iron pills and aranesp shots I'm taking to rebuild hemoglobin in my red blood cells.

Right after we moved here 10 years ago, Donna built a home behind ours and adopted us as parents. Later she married Chad and six years ago they had Lauryn. We were family! Four years ago, to our sorrow, they moved away. Last evening Donna and Lauryn surprised us with a visit as they're wrapping up a long spring break tour of friends. Seeing them was a gift of joy.

Have a blessed Sunday.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home