Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Focus--Again

Yesterday's story about the woman with painful cancer was from A Season for Hope by Michael S. Barry, a book for people with cancer. I'm glad I read that reminder to focus on Christ's suffering. For years I've had the habit of reading the Holy Week narratives in all four Gospels during Lent, and this year I had totally forgotten. (Chemo brain?) So I started this morning with Matthew 26 and will finish the book, then go on to Mark 14, Luke 22 and John 11 and read to the end of each Gospel. It's easy to do, but oh so painful to think about how much Jesus suffered. It would be crushing if it were only the random suffering caused by an evil world gone mad. So it's important to focus not only on His suffering, but on His purpose. It was the only way for the Trinity to achieve reconciliation with us sinners. Just think! He wanted us that much! Now nothing can ever separate us from His love.

I hit the bed before 8 pm last evening, and slept well. So this morning I'm ready to go to work again. (Yesterday's work was very worthwhile, but I felt pretty whipped after 6 hours.) I'm doing my best to stay within my energy allotment. And praying for more, I admit.

Thanks for praying for Chuck last week. His dizziness has cleared up, and last night he rested well. Some nights he's wakeful, which gives us empathy with those of you who also struggle to sleep through the night. May God help us all!

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home