Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, March 27, 2006

Focus

A woman in Illinois was far down the journey with cancer and was suffering intensely, yet she maintained a calm and cheerful spirit. The hospital chaplain asked for advice to give to other cancer sufferers. Her reply: "Focus on Christ's sufferings. No one is exempt from pain." Paul said it too in 2 Corinthians 1: 5, "For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows." No, I don't understand how that works, but I take it as the truth. During this season of Lent, as we prepare for Holy Week and Resurrection Sunday, this is inspired advice. I don't know what my cancer may eventually do to me, and although I will do everything I can to overcome it, the final outcome is out of my power. What I can do, and intend to do, is to use these days and weeks of relative freedom from suffering to help my spirit become "strong in the Lord" by focusing on the sufferings of Christ. How much love He demonstrated!

Yesterday was wonderful. I've said this before, and it's still true: it's really a privilege to gather with fellow believers in church. In Sunday School we again studied "pestering God" through persistent prayer. Our class is a true fellowship of supportive prayer, as we share our burdens and joys with one another. Every hug, every smile, every encouraging word is a gift of grace.

The rest of the day was quiet and restful, and I feel ready this morning for another day of work.

I appreciate so much your caring and praying.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home