Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Measure of Life

A couple of weeks ago, Sue forwarded a cute e-mail about aging and how to stay young. The final sentence is worth remembering:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

(The very idea of breathing always grabs me since I spent so many months gasping for shallow bits of air. How wonderful a deep breath feels! But of course, that's not the point of the quotation.) We can love our work too much, keeping our eyes down on the task and missing the breath-taking sights, sounds and events. Here are some breath-taking moments I've measured my life by lately:

Family and friends who come to encourage
Bluebirds nesting
Flowers bravely blooming--even when it's cold
Bright sunshine
A noontime tramp through the woods with SIM colleagues
Genuine hugs
Tender prayers
Fresh words from God (spoken silently, or through the Bible)

I'm feeling well again today. I wish for new ways to thank you for your caring and your prayers.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home