Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Another Reason

There's another reason for the depression I felt yesterday morning. The day before I had read a report on research that could possibly result in a cure for ovarian cancer many years from now. But one line in the report caught my eye: "Most ovarian cancer patients develop recurrent disease that becomes resistant to standard chemotherapy." I already knew that, so why did reading it again crash my emotions? I guess it's predictable to waver between fear and hope in the midst of cancer, but as I said yesterday and say again today, we get to choose where we focus our attention. When I direct my attention to my human, medical prospects, I'm discouraged. When I concentrate on God and His abilities and attitudes, I'm at peace.

My attitude correction resulted in plenty of energy to keep going all day, and I did clear away those piles of clutter that were bugging me. Mid-morning we paused to view a video a friend had sent. She created it to celebrate her son's high school graduation two years ago. The story is amazing. He was born 3 months premature at 2 pounds 5 ounces. He spent months in the hospital, and had years of home therapy afterwards. He was ranked at an IQ of 36. Over the course of one year it was raised to 73. He is now confident, handsome, spiritually in tune with God, a musician, and will graduate next month from community college--on the Dean's list! I watched the images with tears streaming down my face and with growing trust in the love and power of our Creator.

Looking forward to what I'll learn today in Sunday School.

I have five beautiful and promising tomato plants to put in the ground this afternoon.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home