Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, April 03, 2006

Love Quilt

Karin brought a beautiful hand-crafted "love quilt." On several squares she had hand-written wonderful Bible promises plus a couple of hymns. I had already decided I wanted to be memorizing Bible promises as a means of fortifying my soul for whatever I might face in coming months or years. So here they are--lovingly provided on this gift! Last evening the five of them went to a basketball game and I stayed home to rest up for today's chemo. It was a good quiet time to begin the memory project, and I started with the top left corner, Psalm 71:17-21.

"O God, You have taught me from my youth;
And to this day I declare Your wondrous works.
Now also when I am old and gray headed [bald in my case]
O God, do not forsake me,
Until I declare Your strength to this generation,
Your power to everyone who is to come.
Also Your righteousness, O God, is very high,
You Who have done great things;
O God, who is like You?
You, Who have shown me great and severe troubles,
Shall revive me again,
And bring me up again from the depths of the earth.
You shall comfort me on every side."

A friend told me yesterday that she has been diagnosed with a serious eye disease which is causing progressive blindness in one eye and could spread to the other. She is such a loving, giving and praying person. I wonder if you could ask God to touch her today.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home