Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Greatest Fear

Yesterday I was reading some letters from SIM missionaries (my way of keeping up with what God is doing around the world and getting ideas for future magazines). This statement grabbed my attention: "Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at something that doesn't really matter." Sobering, isn't it? I want to pay attention to what really matters, and to pursue it with whatever energy and time are left for me, however long that is.

I'm feeling well. Did some yard work yesterday, in addition to the SIM work.

I understand we have very good news from the friend with the eye disease, but I haven't been able to talk with her yet. It sounds as if God is answering prayer, and I'll pass the news on as soon as I get it.

Our middle grandson Jeremy senses God's call to take a year off between high school and university to serve in Africa. He plans to go to Niger, one of the two poorest nations on earth. He has set up a blog (www.jeremyinafrica.blogspot.com) and it's pretty exciting. We're looking forward to having him stay with us this summer during his preparation time.

Thanks for your love and prayers.
Carol

2 Comments:

At Sun Apr 09, 10:11:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

That is exciting about Jeremy, I'll be following his blog as we went to Niger for a year with SIM, worked at Sahel Academy as unqualified teachers for a year!

 
At Sun Apr 09, 08:28:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Jeremy said...

Ya know, I think I'm pretty excited too!! I just can't wait to hang out w/ my grandparents for 3 months. (About the blog, I feel it's rather boring. So far it's just emails that show how I got to where I am now. I'm hoping it will be more interesting once I'm there.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home