Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Privilege of Stillness

I know there are women whose families are so demanding that no matter how fatigued they feel, they must be up and caring for them. Others are on their own and must continue going to their jobs even when chemo gets them down. That's why I say stillness is a privilege--one that I took full advantage of yesterday. It's true. I spent the entire day either in bed or the recliner, except for a half hour at noon to prepare and drink a protein smoothie. I slept through the night again as well. I'm thankful. I do feel stronger today.

Stillness brings its reward. Rest, yes. Reflection also--reflection that can't occur when the body and mind are rushing to the next task. Then come the special moments when Christ Himself draws near into the stillness.

Thank you again and again for all your prayers.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home