Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, April 07, 2006

Good Numbers

The nurse says my blood test results are all good. Iron tests are all well within normal. The comprehensive panel (kidneys, liver etc) came back all normal. And the CA 125, while not yet below "normal 35," is down to 53.1 (down from 8,445 in December). Those are all good numbers!

Yesterday I was still happy to rest a great deal. Today I feel more energetic. Happy about that.

Karin and Keith, Gavin and Calli will return to their home in Indiana today. It's been so encouraging and refreshing to have them here.

One week before my surgery in December, we went to Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden for a Sunday evening concert by a local African American church choir. It was a soul-strengthener, for sure! One of the songs they sang was "Jesus, You're the Center of my Joy." Last night as I lay awake for a few minutes, the sight and sounds and words came back to me:

Jesus, You're the center of my joy, All that's good and perfect comes from You.
You're the heart of my contentment, hope for all I do,
Jesus, You're the center of my joy.

You are why I find pleasure in the simple things in life;
You're the music in the meadows and the streams;
The voices of the children, my family and my home;
You're the source and finisher of my highest dreams.

Oh, Jesus, You're the center of my joy.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home